Homeowners Association Lawyer Serving Ventura County And Beyond
Our firm understands well how to advise both the homeowners association (HOA) itself as well as individual homeowners. We help homeowners associations understand their place within development schemes just as we help individual homeowners work with other neighbors in the community.
In doing so, our firm draws on the more than 40 years of experience held by attorney William S. Dunlevy. Led by attorney Dunlevy, we understand that the most important aspect of any attorney-client relationship is listening. We make a point of listening to the individuals sitting on the HOA board.
We have dealt with HOA problems on many occasions so we are already up to speed on many issues facing HOAs. For this reason, an HOA client rarely has to pay for us to get up to speed on an HOA-related legal issue. We already know the language.
Our advice is frank and candid. Our clients know exactly where their legal matters sit. Our clients rely on us for this frank advice so they can make sound business decisions about the HOA’s future with respect to many matters, including:
- HOA litigation
- Administrative and procedural matters
- Legal opinion letters
- Contractual review and analysis
- Rewriting and updating the HOA’s governing documents
Our clients value this advice particularly with respect to contract matters. Many HOAs do not understand that any contract they receive has already been vetted by opposing counsel. To not have its own counsel review a contract, therefore, is to invite an uneven business obligation for the HOA.
In addition to his service to the community at large, our firm’s founder, attorney William S. Dunlevy, provides regular volunteer service to the HOA community, including:
- Over 35 years of service to the Community Associations Institute (CAI); over 30 years as editor and photographer for the local chapter’s newsletter and magazine
- Two terms as president of the Channel Islands Chapter of CAI
- Board member, CAI Channel Islands Chapter
- Trainer for homeowners and property managers