Helping You Prepare For The Future
We know that estate planning is not something people typically think about until a pressing need or life event triggers the thought. Our firm takes a proactive approach to helping clients deal with end-of-life decisions before they become a necessity. Whether you have recently started a family or you are approaching retirement, we offer the knowledge and insight to protect what matters most to you.
Why Have An Estate Plan?
Many people become overwhelmed by the number of options and documents involved in the estate planning process. So they put off creating one, sometimes, until it is too late.
More than anything, a legally sound estate plan provides peace of mind. An experienced estate planning lawyer like William S. Dunlevy helps clients navigate the paperwork and determine which documents best fit their unique needs. He helps clients in Camarillo, Thousand Oaks and the surrounding areas of California with:
- Creating or updating wills that clearly outline where assets and residential or commercial property should go
- Setting up and funding trusts to protect important assets
- Establishing powers of attorney and health care directives to deal with financial and end-of-life health care decisions
- Succession planning for business owners
- Updating your estate plan when your circumstances change
- Protecting assets from nursing home costs
- Obtaining conservatorship to protect an elderly loved one’s interests and personal well-being
- Designating guardianship of minor children
Creating and maintaining these documents ensure that decisions made now will be upheld. It can also smooth the transition of family assets to the next generation, saving families from lengthy court processes and potential disputes.
Contact Us To Discuss Your Specific Estate Concerns
Our firm makes a point to create estate plans tailored to fit our clients’ specific needs. If you have questions or concerns, we invite you to contact our office by calling 805-322-8644. All correspondence between us will be kept strictly confidential.